Sunday, January 22, 2012

New phrases from Miss Smartypants

I love my daughter and the things she says :) New this week:

I don't know! (when asked what a picture is)
Breakstast
Mom, I'm poopy please! (as I'm changing her and asking why she didn't tell me she was poopy)
Mommy, what's wrong? (as I'm rubbing my tired eyes)
Yeah, that's funny!
Mom, you spat? (after I brushed my teeth. I don't think I've said the word spat ever in her earshot)
Mom, I picked my nose!
Where IS everybody?
Daddy, I need breakstast. I want granola cereal. It's not all gone, mommy buyed some at the store!
Mom, I need to work (translation: I want to play on the computer)

Funny stories from today:
Richard dropped Rachel off in nursery, where she immediately stole a toy from Emmalyn. Richard told her she needed to ask Emmalyn for the toy instead of just taking it. Meanwhile, Emmalyn had moved on to another activity and had forgotten the stolen toy. So for a while we had Rachel chasing Emmalyn around saying "Nemmyn! I have toy? Nemmyn! I have toy?" while Emmalyn ignored her.
After church I was pulled aside by an RS sister to talk about a possibly tutoring gig (yay!), and Richard needed to go find a Bishopric member to talk about a Temple recommend. He got stopped by someone else, and in the confusion and all the people Rachel kind of disappeared. Richard leaned over to tell me his plans, and to ask where Rachel went. I kind of pointed, and he said "I'll find her." After we met up later, he told me she had been determined to get to the cultural hall, and feeling incredibly comfortable in her surroundings just started squeezing between people, pushing them apart with her tiny hands saying "Skooz me! Skooz me!"

No comments: