Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ima do the things that I wanna do

I am very happy to be leaving Texas in three days.

Cool things about Texas:
I'm rarely cold
The people are really friendly
Black people EVERYWHERE
Walmart is a block away
I'd say Braum's, but I still haven't been there.

Dumb things about Texas:
My family is 1000 miles away
Richard's is 1200 miles away
It's a LOOOOOONG drive
We don't have AC in our cars OR our apartment
The swimming pool is beautiful, but there's no time.
I left DDR at home :(
It's so hot you lose motivation to do anything

No really, it's been a great summer, but I am SO happy to be going home. Richard is super duper excited to get back into school, and I know he'll be so great. He's such a great student. Better than I ever was :D And I just got set up to be a sub again and that's really exciting.

I might work at Pinnacle corporate. Maybe. If it pays better than subbing. Like a lot better because it's twice the drive.

I'm also getting ready to audition for the Nebo Philharmonic Orchestra, and I am SO EXCITED! I haven't been in an orchestra for 5 years, and not a serious one for 7. My poor violin is so neglected that the last time I pulled it out to play it took half an hour to tune. I'm really glad to be getting back into music again. I subbed for my old orchestra teacher a couple times last winter and it really made me want to teach orchestra. Hopefully I can get into something like that. One thing at a time, though, and first things first I gotta pass my German praxis.

So for all you Utah people in the Provo area, we'll be back next week and we should play!

1 comment:

Mrs. Webb said...

Jill! Yay for orchestra! I'm taking it this semester, so it's not like a serious one, but whatever. And when I got out my violin to practice yesterday for the first time in ages, I realized I had lost my callouses. It was so weird! Hehe! Anyway...yeah! Let me know when you get home so we can play!