Saturday, August 9, 2008

AT&T FTL

I spoke too soon.

My week in review:

Tuesday - Pretty okay day. Got the phone hooked up just fine, moved everything upstairs, submitted okay, spent the rest of the day chillin' with Richard at home. Not a bad day. No internet at work, but I'm sure it will be up by tomorrow like they said it would.

Wendesday - Called AT&T to find out when exactly the internet would be up so I could let my boss know. Was told before 5. Got a call AT 5 saying it was up. Raced over to the office to check. No such luck.

Thursday - Called AT&T to find out why the internet wasn't turned on yesterday. They did some line tests and whatnot and said everything should be fine. They said they'd send a tech out to check the line and if he needed to come in he'd call me. Left them with THREE numbers to call. Received a call around 5 saying everything was fine and the internet should be up. Raced over to the office to check. Still no internet.

Friday - Called AT&T to find out why no tech came over to fix my internet. They said they'd have one out before 5. Heard that before...They actually sent two, and one of them was the nice man who hooked up the phone both times. I was satisfied, although the internet wasn't working. The internet tech said I needed to call our account manager at AT&T because they turned on the internet in the wrong apartment because the housing guy didn't switch the order. No problemo. Called the housing man and I guess his weekend starts at 3 p.m. on Fridays cuz he was already gone. No internet for the whole weekend I guess. Oh well.

Saturday - My stack of paperwork is getting out of control.

Monday - Called the housing man first thing and had him call AT&T to fix the internet problem. I then spent the ENTIRE day on the phone with various tech support people from AT&T getting the internet switched to the right apartment and then getting it set up so it would actually work. Internet started working at 5 p.m. Someone else was using it for an hour and a half, so I started auditing at about 7:30 and finished at 11:30. Disgusting.

Tuesday - Bad day to go out of town, but a beautiful wedding nonetheless :D The phone stopped working, but the internet still worked.

Wednesday - Called AT&T to find out why the phone wasn't working. They said a tech would be out before 5 to look at it. I informed them that this is a business run solely off the phone and they needed to hurry and that I was already upset with them about not having internet for a week. They said no worries that it would be fixed. I got a call saying it was fixed around 5. Too bad it wasn't. Now I'm REALLY mad. I called them to request another tech and complain about how it wasn't working still. They were apologetic and promised a tech between 8 and noon the next day. I gave them THREE numbers to call.

Thursday - Called at 12:30 wondering where the tech was. They told me he picked up the order fifteen minutes ago. Called at 2:30 wondering where the tech was. They told me he wasn't granted access to the apartment because no one answered the door. I yelled at the guy and told him to send that tech back. I'd been waiting by the door ALL DAY for this stupid tech, and he did NOT knock on the door. Nor did anyone call me on any of my THREE phone numbers. He said he'd call me back. He didn't. Meanwhile, the tech finally called Richard's cell. He said it would be $100 to fix the phone and he couldn't go past the front desk until he had a signed order and $100. Richard, let me remind you, is a tech. And he knows how techs are supposed to do business. He ripped the guy a new one for being a jerk and not doing his job. We've had techs out several times and they've never pulled something like this. The tech hung up on him. Richard spent the rest of the day on the phone with AT&T trying to get the guy fired. Turns out there was an order put in to turn off our phone for some unknown reason. They turned it back on finally.

Friday went off without a hitch.

I'm never EVER dealing with AT&T ever again.

No comments: