Monday, January 24, 2011

Cub Scouts Bear Trail Tracking Chart

Attention Bear Scout Leaders:

You don't have to spend hours making this chart, because I have done it for you :D

Among the things my preceding scout leader left me was a packet of charts titled "Wolf Trail". These have been super handy in keeping track of the boys' achievements, especially for boys who don't have a book or are borrowing an older brother's. Also, when we pass off achievements during scouts on a day when a boy just forgot his book, I can mark the chart and then sign it off next time. Super handy. Plus it's all on one page, so it's really easy to see who needs to do which achievements to earn their Wolf Badge.

I thought this was brilliant, and just now did a search on Google for a similar document to use now that some of our Wolves are turning into Bears. Unfortunately, I did not find one. So. Using the Wolf Trail hard copy as a guide, I made one on Word. I've saved it as an image, and I hope this works. I also hope that posting it here will make it SO EASY for other Bear leaders to use this tracking chart. The more we work together, the smoother Cub Scouts becomes for all of us, right?

So here it is:




Things to notice:

There's no way to fit 24 achievements onto one page, and once I was able to get it onto 2 I stopped formatting, so that's why there's so much white space. Do with it what you will.
I've added a line where you can write down pieces of each achievement that the boy does that are electives rather than on the Bear Trail. I found that to be lacking with my prior recording method.
You can do whatever you want in the boxes. Where there's only one option, I just write an X, but where there are several you could write the letter they ended up doing. Or just circle the letter, then write an X if you are attached to X's as I am :D

So anyway, I hope this is SUPER helpful. Our den is really starting to get organized, and it's a HUGE help, so I'm happy to share.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

I was so excited to find this. I just got called to be the Wolf leader and need to keep track of their achievements. This is a great model for it. Thanks.